Position: Teacher (Early Years)
Start Date: 1st January 2022
Finish Date: 23rd September 2022
This is a temporary Parental Leave Replacement position commencing 1st January 2022 and ending 23rd September 2022. Leschenault Catholic Primary School is a double stream, Catholic primary school catering for children from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6. LCPS is situated in the beautiful South - West. We aim to build a CHRIST centered community that inspires every individual to think, to learn and to strive for academic excellence. LCPS enjoys a close relationship with Christ the Living Vine Parish and support of a strong parent community. We are seeking an outstanding Early Childhood Educator who is a professional, creative teacher committed to the pursuit of excellence and a willingness to contribute to a dynamic learning community.
- Understanding of and commitment to the ethos of Catholic education
- Familiar with Religious Education Curriculum.
- Committed and enthusiastic approach to working with children, with the ability to develop positive and meaningful relationships
- Ability to work as member of a team while also demonstrating initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility
- Have a thorough knowledge of NQS and EYLF
- Familiar with the Walker Learning Approach and ability to implement Investigations.
- Experience with Talk for Writing and Talk for Reading in the Early Years
- Understand and have experince with Letters and Sounds
- Ability to interpret data to plan and inform teaching
- Understanding of the CEWA Vision for Learning
- Have a desire to help every child achieve their potential
- Ability to adapt in response to change within the work environment
- Have a sense of humour
- Understand the importance of contributing to the life of the school
- Enthusiastic and cooperative team member, who is able to work independently and collaboratively as part of an energetic and highly capable team
- Highly developed communication, organisational and interpersonal skills; a lifelong learner
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and Curriculum Vitae, addressed to the Prinicipal and include the names and contact details of three referees, including your current employer (if applicable) and Parish Priest.
- Registration with TRBWA
- Accreditation to Teach RE in a Catholic School (or working towards)
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent with a recognised Early Childhood Qualification
In applying for this position you will be providing personal information to the school. This information will be used in order to assess your application for employment.
Applicants must have a current registration as a teacher with the Teacher Registration Board ( TRBWA ) to be eligible for appointment. Information is available from the TRBWA website
Catholic Education Western Australia encourages applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people of all ages and from culturally diverse backgrounds. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
Applicants must be fully supportive of the objectives of Catholic Education.
On appointment successful applicants will require a Working with Children Check. Applications are available at certain Australia Post outlets throughout the State. A list of these can be found at the Australia Post website. An application for a WWC card must be made in person.